RCU Forums - View Single Post - Royal Zero Kit Build into Rufe
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 06:09 AM
chistech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Royal Zero Kit Build into Rufe

Finally got the upper half of the fuse fully sheeted and rough sanded. The other shot is of the forward bulkhead # 3. As seen, all formers have their ID
numbers printed at the top, so that's the way I cemented them in. Another modeler from Britain (thanks Graham) sent a "heads up" that I may have put that # 3 in upside down as the plan drawings are rather ambiguous and sure enough.......... I did! DAMMIT!!!!! Hindsight is always 20/20 and I'm grateful for another set of eyes to pick up on this oversight. As is, without realizing the difference, there would have been no bulkhead area where needed to drill the mounting holes for the wing's leading edge dowels. I'm walking away from this debacle for a bit so I can cool off and get a better attitude. I've got a plan up my sleeve and I'll implement it later. My next step before anything else is to make a custom foam cradle ( I knew foam was good for something! ) to hold the fuse upside down on the building board so the lower half can be built.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79221.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	1753515   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93586.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1753516