RCU Forums - View Single Post - Newbie
Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 09:33 AM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Newbie

All good info !!! But I do suggest that you get with a club before you do anything other than the sim.

Reasons : 1. You will find out what is compatable with the folks you will be working with. ie radios, motors / engines , other equipment.
1 a. You will be able to figure out what you really want to do in our sport : Elect. glow ,gas, helo, gliders etc. etc.
2. You will probably find an instructor that you are compatible with.

3. Chanches are you will meet a good group to spend time with.

4. Probably You will join the AMA and get good info from them plus insurance and someone that tries to keep our stupid government ( and others ) from taking our sport away from us .

I'm mostly glow but this year I have had almost only electric students. I now have a little different view of electric , some good some bad . Most of the bad is against the pilots , I can put up with new systems.

If you decide on Electric , the Apprentice is a good trainer and once you can fly it can do a lot of Neat stuff. I do suggest that you get a plug & play instead of their RTF set up. That way you can use the radio you decide you want instead of the cheepie that goes with the RTF. My opinion !! ENJOY !!! RED