RCU Forums - View Single Post - TBM's PTE-36R 36cc Rear Exhaust Gas Engine
Old 04-24-2012, 06:12 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TBM's PTE-36R 36cc Rear Exhaust Gas Engine

ORIGINAL: TBMcustomerservice

Dear MTK,

Sorry for the long response time. Heres the deal with the warranty. When this thread was started, TBM was in the process of negotiating for the sole distribution rights for the PTE engines in the US market. Once we realized other dealers were not going to be happy with this we stopped pursuing the sole distributorship. Without being the sole distributors, TBM does not have the responsibility to warranty any and all PTE engines. Parts we can do, but labor we have to charge if the engine was not purchased from us. Give me a call and I can discuss things further with you, I might be able to talk to jeff and see if we can't get the labor rate down a bit for you.

Edit: I just want to clarify my statement to ensure there is no confusion. I said any and all pte engines I was referring to engines not purchased through tbm. Any PTE engine purchased from TBM will have our standard 2 year warranty on the engine through TBM.

Editx2: Just to clarify MTK, I am offering this option to you because of the the fact that you may feel that you were misslead thinking TBM was going to cover the engine you purchased elsewhere. We do not want our customers or potential customers to ever be misslead about a product or service we offer. This is a one time offer because of the first post not showing the propper information. We are editing the first post to reflect these changes. When you call ask to speak to Bill (me) and we will get something figured out.

I can understand that, thanks for clarifying. Policy changes happen all the time.

It isn't worth any more of my time actually. I have a NIB PTE36R for sale. Cost me 290$ plus shipping, will sell it for 250+shipping. Any one interested, please PM me