RCU Forums - View Single Post - A Plane That Would Not Die
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 PM
thomas.crown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Plane That Would Not Die

I seem to have misplaced the 2 rib sheets from when I was making templates to cut foam cores. I have the root and tip ribs but if you're looking to do a built-up, I'll have to look around. Thought I had put them back in the box. There are only a few formers and other parts and I can scan those. The fuse sides and top crutch might be a bit long - I think they're about 2'. I could do them in multiple pieces with reference lines to match them up. I'll play around with things and see what I can accomplish. The instructions would be a snap since they are on 81/2 X 11 paper. What about the plans - I assume you don't have any? A digital picture squared to the plans? I'll try that too and see what it gives. I made a mold of the canopy in the kit and made a simple vacuum forming rig. I can make one of those out of an old plastic container (or buy plastic but why bother when you throw containers away, or I should say recycle them).

Most of the rest of the kit is sticks and sheets and very little of that. Unless they've retooled and updated this kit they have a lot of nerve charging whatthey are. I swear the kit I bought several years ago is identical to the first one I got 30+ years ago. You could buy all of the materials (less canopy and plans) from one of the balsa places for $10.

Are you still going to get the kit? When are theydue in?What kind of time frame are you looking at?It won't take long when I have the time - it's just finding the time. Lemme know.

Does the name (Juggler) refer to a hobby or is it just a name? The reason I ask is I've been juggling for years but I stalled out on 5 many years ago and don't do it much anymore. Couldn't sustain a half or full shower. If you don't juggle this will all be meaningless, otherwise...