Thread: ESM FW D-9
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 02:02 PM
kahloq

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ESM FW D-9

ORIGINAL: David R

Thanks Kahlog
The mount provided in the kit is a flat mount with nothing provided to attach it to the fuselarge so something is missing.
it was a display model in a shop so i guess the parts are missing. What you did looks robust so I will go that way.

Did you have any problem with the elevator push rod. There are no bulk head supports inside so the push rod can flex under load.
I had a similar set up on a previous model (Great Planes Extra 300S) where the rotation arc of the elevator servo causes the elevator push rod to flex sideways at full travel causing the elevators flex like ailerons. However on that model the push rod split was 100 mm from the servo. Most disconcerting to pull out of a tight loop into a spiral dive but predictable
I used the black fiberglass pushrods from the kit as guide tubes and ran 4/40 rods inside them so there isnt much if any flex happening. I also epoxied a bit of a wood piece half way back in the fuse tail and drilled holes through it to run the guide tubes thru. The back tubes are glued to the inside of the fuse pushrod openings and sanded to match the surface so none of that exits the fuselage