RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat and Houston hobby shops
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 06:00 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Redcat and Houston hobby shops

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

I kept writing stuff here and erasing it to remain politically correct. In my 10+ years very actively in this hobby, from 1/5 to 1/36 scale, gas to nitro to brushless and everything in between, my worst experience was with a Redcat Racing vehicle. [:'(]

That's my experience and it is what it is.
that was more polite than some people.

I have no issue with people who dont care for redcats. But for a hobby shop not to carry a brand...or to outright bash the name of a brand is wrong IMO. In what way does it help a hobby shop's biz if they either dont sell a brand or have them for sale but tell people they suck?

My hobby shop stopped selling redcats some time ago. The owner (who I like and talk with often) couldnt give me an actual reason why tho.
Sad part is they have some left over models in the store for sale....all discontinued models....at the same price as the current ones!

Truth is that there are many brands which means we get to choose what we like...which we all do based on experience.

for me, the redcats I have owned have been 90% as durable as any traxxas i have owned.

Many traxxas parts are made over seas's, thats obvious as some of the parts say where they are made right on them. The only big difference is that Traxxas makes their own designs...and they assemble the models in USA.

The fact that they assemble then in the USA does mean their quality control is higher than redcat's. I dont think anyone will argue that point. I have never had a traxxas model with a DOA radio, faulty charger or loose screws. But Redcat's customer support is on par with traxxas(a statement I make based on my experience with both companies)

Oh, just to toss in a new point....this year redcat will have 8 new models...more accessories and a couple new planes. stuff should start coming out in september