RCU Forums - View Single Post - Car Trouble
Thread: Car Trouble
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 08:24 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Car Trouble

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

After poking and prodding with my voltage meter and pressure checks I found it to be a bad fuel pump that just randomly quit overnight. I found an identical car at the local pull-apart with a near-new Bosch fuel pump and made the swap, the car fired up and took care of 50 miles worth of errands today Thanks for the help though guys!

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

ORIGINAL: The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

I betcha its the ignition. My old man had an alero with the same issue. Same year, but a 4 cylinder. Went thru 3 ignition switches.
Even though he sees a spark?
well he said he checked a spark and thats all we know. but yes, theres something inbetween the fuel and spark stopping the two from getting together. its got something to do with the pass lock system in the ignition switch. look it up on google. its a common issue for the aleros. the ignition switch will unfortunately run about $250 and up
sweet... was it one of those jobs where it was under the back seat? those are awesome to do.

by the way, GM pumps usually fail due to overheating, they are cooled by the fuel in the tank, so to get the most out of the pump you want over a 1/3 tank all the time (impossible i know[])