RCU Forums - View Single Post - Big stick 60 wing failure
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Bobhend
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Big stick 60 wing failure

Bruce,
On my BS60 the entire servo tray came loose due to insufficent glue. Fortunately I have the R &E servos in the tail [for balance], leaving only the engine servo, at full throttle. I flew it until it ran out and landed. With a Magnum 4s 90 it balances perfectly with standard servos in tail.. On my BS40 I had a major crash and built an entire new front fuse. I shortened the fuel tank area by maybe 1 1/2", put the servos in the tail, put on K&B61 2S and again, it balances ! To hold the wing on I made two of the plywood projections and widened the slot in the fuse.Anyone starting out with a new BS40, the OS LA46 is perfect for it and results in a very light, east to fly and land aircraft. I suppose likewise an LA 65 would balance a BS60. Gads, an LA65 is now $ 129.00 !! BTW the LA series engines are great. The power of the LA65 is equal to the FX 61 [published tests], On the 46 size I am not sure, still looking for data but I think the AX 46 has the edge over the LA 46. The LA engines are substantially lighter.
BH