RCU Forums - View Single Post - FunJet Ultra or Stryker...
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 03:15 PM
geeter
My Feedback: (110)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FunJet Ultra or Stryker...

i have had both. i still have the stryker 27-Q. it's fast and hand launches pretty good. i love flying it. i have over fifty flights on it. it has broken one prop so far. it flat spins easy, once you learn how to do it. stryker is more all around fun, funjet is nice too but hand launches are wild. it will torque left and flip over on ya. the funjet is fast even stock. they both use the same battery ,a 2200 mah .....25 c, 3 cell. the funjet has an inrunner motor, a himax 2700 kv and a 6x4 prop. the stryker 27-Q has an outrunner motor ,an eflight 2200 kv swinging a 6x6 stryker prop. the funjet is faster by 15 mph or so. i built a bungee launcher for my funjet because it was very hard to hand launch. the stryker is pretty easy. once their trimmed out that is. i would recommed the stryker first. it's plenty fast enough. the esc is an e-flight 40 amp pro in the stryker. it will pulse at about 10.7 volts letting you know she's ready to quit. put her in a fast glide with maybe one more hit and land. this esc will save your li-po battery and it will last a long time. i have over 50 flights on my parkzone 2200 mah. the funjet esc does not have a voltage cut off that i know of. be sure to fly no more than 4 minutes, then check voltage. never get the battery below 10.5 volts. even if it's 11 volts it only takes 5 seconds to drop it to low. the low volts of 9 volts on an 11.1 li-po is dead low. you will ruin it very soon if you run it down past 10.5 keep track of the flight time and land way ahead of running it down. this is the worst thing you can do to ruin the battery. these motors draw alot of amps fast so caution the time...........HAPPY LANDINGS.................RON