RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Makes a Good Beginner Plane???-See Here (&download PDF in Post#1)
Old 06-07-2012, 11:08 AM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Makes a Good Beginner Plane???-See Here (&download PDF in Post#1)

ORIGINAL: Chucksolo69

Great advice all, but, what happens if the newbie doesn't have access to a club? Suppose the nearest club is 200 miles away and he/she still wants to fly?

What do you say then: ''Don't even try?''
I don't think anyone even said that.

The correct response as Charlie pointed out is "make the trip, it is worth it!".

All too often we find that people who come here and claim that there is no club within 200 miles either live in Alaska, or haven't looked hard enough.

The AMA web site has a nice resource to find local clubs.

I truly believe that is why companies like Hobbyzone/Horizon Hobby are introducing planes like the Champ and Firebird Stratos.
I truly believe that is why companies like Hobbyzone/Horizon Hobby make money... that is not to say their designs are bad, but there are much better ways to get started and assure success.

You guys can't all assume that everyone wanting to get into the hobby has the resources you or I have.
I haven't seen anyone asserting that here. Quite the opposite in fact....

Finding and joining a club is almost always the cheapest route, even if you have to go out of your way to get to a club.