RCU Forums - View Single Post - 25FX tuning problem?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 04:59 AM
mikeh251

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 25FX tuning problem?

Ha ha, I really like your post and I agree with you!!! I really am not normally one of those guys though. Seriously, I never touch my carbs once they are set. If it needs more than 2 clicks either way on the main, I know it is something else that is wrong. I fly several times a week and have not had to ever adjust any of the motors I mentioned. No deadsticks, no problems. I keep records of where the needles are set when I get the motor broke in just in case I may need to know, thats how I know where they are all at. As for the oil, just following the OS instructions for break in procedure. I did everything by their book and am curious as to why this motor needs to be set so far away from normal? With everything, including fuel, normal? It took a long time and all of the tests (done like you suggest, one thing at a time) for me to get to where it is. I couldn't believe that the low end could possibly need to be turned in by 360 degrees and kept trying other things. All the other motors only need a little 1/8 turn, or none at all. When was the last time you took 10 minutes to set up someones carb and handed it back to them after turning in the low end in 360 degrees? and the main at a little more than a half a turn out from closed? And, if so, did it happen to be an OS 25FX? Thats all my question is. all the other stuff is simply posted for someone who was maybe considering posting something I have already done.