RCU Forums - View Single Post - *Official* Caldera 10E Video, Picture And Discussion Thread
Old 06-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: *Official* Caldera 10E Video, Picture And Discussion Thread

ORIGINAL: FarBeyondDriven

Thanks for the response. I'll definitely check those out.

Newb Question - Is there any stock tweaks I should make sure to do that will make the stock set up run better? ie. Best spring rate, any ESC settings, etc etc that I should adjust for best all round performance and safety (for vehicle, not human/physical). Im mostly on sandy pavement, short grass and only smaller jumps etc....no serious ''bashing'' etc.

Also,, anything I should check for? I simple unpackaged it, charged'er up and ran it. Not sure if I should ensure I'm setting this or that, and checking this or that. (keeping my eye on all screws and so far so good. Also have blue locktite laying around just in case)

edit - also from what i think i read in this thread, its the ''mah'' in the batter that determins (so to speak) run time. SO for instance would this: http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store...dProduct=14991 have more run time per charge than this: http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl4400...0c-2222.html ?? Planning on keeping at 7.4 volt for now.

Thanks again everyone.
yes the higher the mah rating, the longer the run times. The higher the C rating, the quicker the battery can discharge making it faster. 25C is about as low as you want, 30C I think would be considered the norm for the backyard bashers. People that use higher C rated batteries either have money to burn or are racers. Keep in mind that the longer your run times, the longer the motor stays hot. In the end, heat is what lets the magic smoke out of the ESC or motor. I"m not saying the 5200 mah battery is too big, just saying keep it reasonable. These components weren't designed to run 35-40 minutes. A good 3300 to 4400 mah battery will give you 20 - 25 minutes respectively and give you some tech time to check screws and nuts while changing packs out and also letting the motor cool down for 5 minutes. This is just my opinion. Most people will probably tell you to get the biggest battery you can afford. The good thing about this forum is you can gather a lot of info from different people's perspective. Then it's up to you to decide which advice best suits your needs.