Thread: Gremlin help
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 07:59 AM
jwottowa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gremlin help

Howdy all-
I just wanted to pop in and share...
In college I stumbled into a group of local RC guys flying on a dead end road in the middle of nowhere. At the time I was a shaky Duroplane pilot.. Anyway one old boy had a Gremlin and I was intrigued by this awesome plane that was tearing through the sky and being handlaunched and started on a milk crate. I bought it from him on the spot...

Now 25 years later, after having raced RC cars, flown in numerous heli competitions, etc... I find myself re-entering the hobby as a fixed wing pilot. My first kit back was of course a Gremlin. I am throwing one togeather along with a mod winged PT60 to get my skills back.

In all these years the Gremlin remains the most fun I have had in the sky. No real combat around here, but If I fly up to speck, I can get the turkey vultures to dive down and chase me.....

Anyway, My sincere thanks to all involved with the Gremlin and it's continued distribution. I don't feel complete unless there is at least one unopened Grem kit on the shelf in the garage.

Incidently.....Back in the day, we used to stretch pantyhose over the wing and brush with thinned epoxy in liu of any fiberglass work. Creates a tough wing and offers the foam a little protection from monocoat application and belly landings. Anybody else do this?