RCU Forums - View Single Post - Motor starts, then quickly dies
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 08:20 AM
fun4oli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor starts, then quickly dies

I had a fine racing session for a tank-ful with my Volcano S30.

Then Imade a small change to the position of the metal thingy which sits on the rod from the throttle servo to the carburetor (what they call the "throttle/break linkage set", I guess).

I am not sure why that would have made any difference but afterwards the motor would not start, though Imade sure that the carburetor opening was large enough. Itwiddled with the low speed needle and the idle screw. So where I am now is that after Iprime the motor it starts (so plug and plug igniter work), and Ikeep the plug igniter on, but after a second or so the motor dies.

I looked at the manual and it says to check for:
    [*]Idle set too low (no, Isee a good gap in the carburetor opening)[*]Need to lean low speed needle (I did for multiple iterations, no effect)[*]Engine not getting fuel (fuel line is intact, and fuel is running from tank opening where the fuel line attaches)[*]Bad glow plug (no, I keep the igniter on)[/list]But itlooks like after the motor starts it does not get additional fuel and thus stalls.

Any idea how Icould further troubleshoot this?

The frustrating part is that had had that great session just before and life was good...

- Oliver