RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ignorant people who should know better
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 06:01 PM
Steve Campbell2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignorant people who should know better

Okay; here's the rest of the story.

BTW, Borzak, I am a Louisiana State Trooper.

I spoke with Mike Brooks, the Troop A supervisor on duty today. He took your call. I listened to the recording. You were a total jerk, ranting about "100 pound airplanes" and the "dumbass trooper", etc., etc. Mike tried to calm you down several times to get more information, but you kept running your mouth and finally hung up after he asked for your name.

He never got a chance to tell you that the reason the trooper was there in the first place was in response to a call about a model airplane buzzing the highway (State Highway 42 runs behind the field).

I used to be a member of that club, and it is easy to fly over the road, especially on a "missed approach" by someone who just soloed and is still building flying experience. Sounds to me, buck, like your lousy flying generated official attention. And the youngster was trying to be friendly about his official inquiry. I will be contacting the boy to let him know that most modelers are not total rectums.

So next time, be careful before you post. You never know who is watching. And why don't you call your fellow club member Jim Bentley and tell him he's an idiot? He's a trooper, too.

Have a large day...

Steve