RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ignorant people who should know better
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Crashem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignorant people who should know better

Seems to me that Borzak was looking for a flame fest from the title of his thread.

"Ignorant people who should know better"

That in itself is funny if your ignorant then by definition you Don't know better"

What I got from the initial post was someone who assumed that a "trooper" who from borzak's own description was not well informed about R/C should somehow by virtue of his occupation "know" proper flying edict. Please be real, I can't count the number of times people adults and children have come up to me while flying I've even had people drive up on the "runway" to chat and watch. I've always explained the dangers to these people in a polite manner. As far as concentrating so hard that a person is able to "sneak" up on you my advice to Bozak and any others is simple NEVER fly without a spotter. Situational awareness is an extremely important part of this sport if it requires 100% concentration to fly the plane then flying without a spotter is a Major safety violation on the pilots part.

I've had deer,Cows full-scale sailplanes, people and many others distract me while flying its our job to not only be aware of the plane while in flight but also any and all potential obstacles that could become a hazard during that flight. "Tunnel vision" is dangerous.

Calling someone a dumb***** because of their ignorance is uncalled for and only lessens the credibility of the person hurling the insult.

Don't confuse ignorance with stupidity. stupidity requires and understanding of the offense and implies that an individual knowing the risks made a decision to ignore said risk. While ignorance implies that the person had/has no understanding of the ramifications of their action(s).

BTW This is the funniest thread i've seen to date on RCU. IMHO Bozak overreacted and was called on it.
As far as taking the troopers side... I'm not either I do find it telling that in later posts certain aspects of the story seam to have changed