RCU Forums - View Single Post - cheap chinese batteries
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 07:22 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: cheap chinese batteries

ORIGINAL: Traxxas Fanboy

The naysayers seem to be lacking evidence here if you ask me, there are plenty of excuses though. I've seen your ''interesting read'' before robwiljas. If you read though it you'll find the battery was not new, in fact it was sold 2nd hand to the reviewer. How am I meant to take a review seriously if the product being reviewed is not absolutely positively brand spanking new, especially a battery. Also the test was done with a 30A bulb discharger, fine if you're testing NiMH or NiCd batteries but not for the latest in LiPo technology designed for todays brushless systems. Sorry if I'm coming across too harsh, just a friendly debate on my end.
uhh it was bought 2nd hand, but was still brand new in a sealed package... Kinda like if you bought something new from a hobby shop you don't say its 2nd hand cause you didn't get it straight from the manufacturer...

the review was transcribed cause maxamps flagged it as inappropriate(or used DMCA, or some other method), and had it removed... kinda says something about the company.

For intents and purposes the 30A bulb discharger is still fine seeing generally that is what most 2wd vehicles will pull.
Remember it was graphed vs other batteries under the same conditions.
The performance of a vehicle on the track under the same conditions vs a pack that cost under 1/3rd the cost should say something too.

post #59 on the URC review sums up what I've seen from maxamps here, and elsewhere pretty well. Also how the owner acts reminds me of the post here I wish I could find (shocked they still advertise here after that)