RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nuance
Thread: Nuance
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 11:28 AM
OhD

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Nuance

ORIGINAL: TonyF

On pavement I have seen no issues on take-off or landing. In fact, it is very good. I suspect if you change to a wider wheel and wheel pant for grass you would have a lot less of a nose-over issue. I think the narrow wheel that comes with the model is more of the problem.

I only have 20 flights on mine so I don't want to say that where I have my CG is the best way to go. But so far I really like it. When I have tried to move it back I didn't like it. But that doesn't mean if I try it again and combine it with some better throws and expos that I might not like the rearward CG. I usually am not fully pleased with how a model is working until I have tried a lot of stuff. And that usually takes 100 flights or so. Even then I'm often still trying stuff.

Right now the biggest problem I am having flying it is seeing it well. It has been very bright and sunny out here the last few days and my eyes now don't handle that well. I'm having a hard time seeing the wings when flying coming towards me and sometimes away from me. I just finished painting the landing gear to see if that will help. I may have to make other changes to the scheme if that doesn't help me out enough.
Tony, sorry we didn't get a chance to see the Nuance fly at the Lancaster meet on the 23rd. I noticed the wind is still blowing up there but wondered if you have any updates on the Nuance/Contra combination? From what I have seen of each separately (your Contra and Kris's Nuance) it should be a great combination.

Jim O