RCU Forums - View Single Post - field charging lipos
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 12:10 PM
VerneK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: field charging lipos

To cut down on the generator noise, I carry a 25' extension cord with me and place the generator at the front bumper of my van with the exhaust pointing away. All of my flying, pit activity and so on is done from the rear of the van. It's amazing how much that reduces the aggravating sound of my Honda 1000w generator. My only personal rule on that is to put the generator back in the van the instant I shut it off, lest I forget about it and run over it.

Verne

ORIGINAL: Anthony-RCU

Did the marine battery battery thing for a few years and got tired of only charging one pack @1c at a time. If I had to do it over maybe I would get two so I could have 24v and more capacity.
Started with higher c charge rates at the end of last year and haven't looked back. Bought a Honda 2k and am very happy. I also bought a disconnect panel for the house to run my furnace or frig during outages to justify the cost.

Built a 24v ps from two HP 600 power supplies and use a fma 10 xp. I fly a lot after work so everything lives in my van and the first thing out of the car is the genie and the chargers. By the time I change my clothes and put the plane together my first pack is ready.

I hate listening to the gennie and they are expensive but I don't miss staying up at night babysitting packs and leaving charged packs in my car. Higher c packs really don't like to sit charged very long.