RCU Forums - View Single Post - Big jump in kit prices at Tower
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 03:26 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Big jump in kit prices at Tower

ORIGINAL: eddieC

Charge what the market will bear, it has NO bearing on what an item costs to produce.
I think in some cases this is true, however I don't think this is factual in all cases. Many times it is the cost to stay in business and it is a sad fact in the US and one of the reasons is that everyone wants their hand in the pie and there is not enough pie to put your hands in. You are getting less product and more cost added.

Just the other day we bought a box of cereal and I was curious exactly how much they had cut the content volume back since I had been watching cereal boxes get smaller and smaller over the years to where they almost so small they will fit in a pocket book. I remember when they had many bowls of cereal in them. I was more shocked than ever when I poured the contents and measured them. I put the entire contents in a small ziplock bag! This has pretty much occurred in the last 30-40 years and I have watched it with amazement.

This type of junk is what businesses and vendors and money mongerers are doing in the US and it saddens me that this is our design. Cutting the quantity of glue? Sheeesh...when will this type of practice of greed end? Do you remember when you could buy an electrical appliance and the cord would reach the outlet? Now the cords are too short to reach the outlets and you have to buy an extension cord. Why, because the companies save every where they can and a foot of cord saves them money. Am I the only one that has watched this happen?

What happened to giving the consumer honest weights and measures for their hard earned money? I am old school and believe there is a price we all have to pay for these practices. If Tower Hobbies is part of this then they are no different than the rest, however many times it is the suppliers and all the red tape a company has to go through just to maintain a business much less make a profit.