RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2 aileron servos and 2 flaps servos work
Old 07-06-2012, 12:26 AM
TimBle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2 aileron servos and 2 flaps servos work

ORIGINAL: AndyKunz

ORIGINAL: TimBle

Not wanting to knock the DX8 but its only got 8 proportional channels. The extra 10 channels are only accessed via an additional device and those channels are basically on /off channels at a lower frame rate.So when setting up something like a Stuka there may be some programming limitations with the DX8. Would need to confirm that but the fact that the extra channels are an add on put me off completely.
Hello Tim,

That information is totally wrong! To begin with, I must assume you are really talking about the DX18, since the DX8 only supports 8 channels.

The DX18 has 18 fully-proportional channels. The first 10 channels are normal channels that are used for normal flying operations and are used for the various flight control surfaces. The last 8 channels are for auxiliary functions including things like flaps, but they too are fully proportional, and all the same servo controls work for them such as mixing, travel volume, absolute travel, balancing, reversing, and speed. They can have a higher latency, but the scheduler works to make sure that active channels (ie, when you change the servo's position) have the lowest possible latency, usually 22ms.

Channels X+1 and X+2 are also available on a 12-channel rx in the two highest positions. When used in this mode, they are 22ms/2048, just like all the other channels on that base (except for those in 11ms mode, of course). You can even use these 2 channels with X-Plus disabled (after configuration with them enabled).

If you would be so kind as to point me to the source of the misinformation provided to you, I would love to know that (PM me if you don't wish to publish a link to another forum). There's no reason that misinformation should be allowed to be propagated like this.

Thank you for an opportunity to give correct information here.

Andy

and thank you sire for correcting me. Clearly a salesman needs a bit more training