RCU Forums - View Single Post - neport 12 sails
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 01:02 PM
imliljimmy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default neport 12 sails

Hello my name is jim I have a Newport 12 (wc12m) hull #516 I sailed with a amya club in Michigan in the late 80S. I no longer sailed the boat do to other thingsin my life (marriage and work) so it went into the shed(along with other things). My son and I were in there and he saw the bow of it pointing out from the top shelf so we pulled the boat down took the covers off. It was a little dusty, we put batteries in it and all the running gear worked. That’s when the fun ended; when I found the sails a squirrel liked it better for a home (what a mess).the mast is still one piece some of the guide wires have been chewed but it looks like it went thru a hurricane. I found sails for $175 to $250 what I am looking for is a set of secondhand sails that someone removed for a better set or “not” legal cheaper set to justput the boat in the water to playI thought about making my own sails, but the squirrel had a big house 90%main sail and 80% jib gone. I can(the wife) make my own if anyone has the patterns
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76803.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	1779549   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58805.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	1779550