RCU Forums - View Single Post - field charging lipos
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 05:05 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: field charging lipos

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

I am only considering a Japanese generator (Honda, Yamaha is also good) - most of the guys I see with them have them behind a van. I NEVER even notice them running until I need to go to my truck for something, walk around the corner, and see and hear it. I am always amazed at how quiet they are.

And, because I've asked a lot of questions and talked to a lot of people. I've heard of generators that work great the first year, and spend half their lives in small engine repair shops. Every day in this hobby I learn more and more to to buy the right thing, and buy it once. I'm tired of chasing problems I caused by trying to do something different or at a reduced cost.

I am sure I would use it at home - it would be really nice to have one for outdoor projects, extended camping trips, emergencies, etc. If I buy one, I don't want to wonder if it's going to start every time I go to use it.
Joe,

Between the two, get the Yamaha. Having owned both the Yamaha and the Honda, and now own the 2000W Yamaha, it is slightly lighter and quieter. I also like that is has a fuel gauge on it. I've been VERY happy with my Yamaha. The Honda is good too, but I have been more impressed by the Yamaha,

Arch