RCU Forums - View Single Post - bad luck at the feild
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 03:29 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: bad luck at the feild

ORIGINAL: bikerbc

This Young Man asked us for help. Not to be put down. He is only 17 and is showing concideration for his father..I am a senior and cant spell either and I am not on here to learn how.Sure you should try to fix it.. What harm can you do? Its broken now..There are probably guys at your club that can help advize you on the best way to do the repairs...Or as was pointed out if you give us some details we can help you ...There are lots of very knowledgeable guys on here that love to help..All you need to do is give us enough details and maybe some pics if you can and we will do what we can to help...
I agree to some amount, however you should understand the frustration some of us have when dealing with the "new" type of English. I for one, despise it. I am not the smartest chip off the block and yet, I realize how bad things have become. When I get a text that has little or no thought then I tend to disregard it. Yes, call me "old school" and that is fine with me.

Why is it considered a put down when someone points out factual problems? It is time to take the information we are given and do something with it. There was a day when constsructive information was heeded and we did something about it. Believe me, I did exactly that. I struggled with English and did not pay attention in school so I later in life took some English and Grammar courses to improve my skills.

My English skills still have a long way to go, however I have put in a strong effort to do better as it was pointed out to me just like folks are pointing out to this young man. It seems in this time being dumb in English is totally acceptable and cool. What really gets me is that we have all the tools available to us on the Internet to grow in these areas and somehow it is not worth it [].

To the original poster - as far as the plane. If you have someone in the area that is a builder that would be extremely helpful. Don't throw your parts away and take some time. I am not a builder and I put together a plane that was almost totalled. I even amazed myself that I could do it. The fellow that crashed it was going to throw it in the trash and I asked him if I could have it. He said "Yes" and I took it home and worked on it for some time and finally got it finished!