RCU Forums - View Single Post - Summit Coming- Upgrades?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 03:05 PM
thehuntingterminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Summit Coming- Upgrades?

ORIGINAL: LaTuFu

The Summit is a much better truck than Farht makes it out to be. A 5 minute first impression is cool, but long term ownership and use is usually a much better gauge.

In my opinion, Traxxas finally got a RTR truck right. Yes, it has weak servos out of the box, no question about it. But then again, please find me a stock RTR servo on any kit that people on RCU won't complain about.

Other than that, for what it is designed to do, it's a great truck, and doesn't really need much in the way of mods out of the box.

It is not fast, no two ways about it. 20 mph downhill, with a tailwind, on a good day. But it is a lot of fun for what it is designed to do: go just about anywhere, climb just about anything.

It's definitely not a pure crawler, but it wasn't meant to be.

I use it most often as a trail truck. I grab the kids, a few battery packs, and we go for a hike, trying to find places to crawl around with it. We have a blast doing that. It's a great change of pace from the bashing and jumping we do with our other trucks.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I've been wanting the Summit ever since I've been into the hobby, and now I can finally have one! It should be here tomorrow and I'm sooooo excited. But for tonight, I guess the old Micro SCT will have to do...