RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can Keith Sparks spark the build comeback?
Old 07-13-2012, 07:51 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: Can Keith Sparks spark the build comeback?

Respectfully I disagree. Modifying something already built, and something that my be severely flawed, takes a lot of creativity and building skills to get done. There is not manual on how to do it like there is with building a kit.

All I am saying that in many areas building is still active in the form chinese arfs that require overhall to fly right. Lots of discussion, lots feedback, lots of ideas. Similar like back in the day.

I am not going to split hairs on which one is harder, I am just saying that it is still quite involved, just as much so. Especially when you are going to put a turbine in it. You'll be cussing up a storm as you try to re-enforce glued in formers and create new support structures from scratch to try to keep from failing like the last guy.

Heck some of my arfs didnt een have gear mounts, I had to come up with it from scratch.

ORIGINAL: JNorton

ORIGINAL: essyou35

Buillding todays chinese arfs is just as involved, it not more difficult, then building a kit. ..........
Respectfully building a Chinese ARF still takes a lot less talent than building a kit. In one you are putting together completed assemblies. With the other you are building those assemblies.
John