RCU Forums - View Single Post - FUTABA 18MZ HAS ARRIVED
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 09:29 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: FUTABA 18MZ HAS ARRIVED

ORIGINAL: siclick33

With regards to the batteries, do they only supply power to the servos plugged in the same hub where the battery is plugged in? Does that mean that if you want redundancy, as a lot of people do, then you would need a second battery pack (and regulator) at each of the 2 hubs and the receiver. That means a total of 6 packs and 6 regulators[X(]

I would be more tempted to use a Powerbox with only 2 batteries up front.
Great point. It only supplies power to the servos in that hub. Steve, can you comment? I feel a little naive in jumping on this for the reasons I did only to find out that for bigger applications, it might not be as simple as I thought it would be.

My bobcat is wired for it and it was slick, one wire down by the tanks from the rx, and then one wire to each wing opening.. thats it. I'm not worried about power consumption on this plane. On the vectored thrust mig with 14 servos or the 1/3 scale gas plane I'm building right now, I am very concerned about power. Can Futaba chime in here?

Kevin, I like your idea of one pack to run multiple hubs in the rear, that didn't cross my mind!