RCU Forums - View Single Post - JET LEGEND VIPER BUILD THREAD
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 04:02 AM
sidajili

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JET LEGEND VIPER BUILD THREAD

Hi Wiliam,

Thanks for the information. Did you mix the diesel with other oil? Your smoke really looked good.

Never new the throttle cable from the Turbine is able to supply power to the receiver. We just finished the succesful maiden flight and I had a 12 channel spektrum receiver powered by a seperate 3300mA 2s Lipo. I needed some weight to balance the viper. I used extra 2 more batteries (redundant and not used) to balance the cg for the maiden. With the header tank full, main tanks empty and 4 lipo batteries (1 Turbine, 1 Rx, and 2 unused), it was about 100g or so nose heavy. It will be more nose heavy at full tank. The throws were set as follows:

Elevator up anddown 20mm
Aileron up anddown 15mm
Rudder up anddown 50mm
Flap take of 25mm, landing 65mm.

The shock oil on the landing gear on my viper came short. We noticed this only this morning just before the taxi test. We had to improvise and fill the nose gear using brake fluid as this was not expected. I would advice to check that your struts are all firm and refill the oil if neccessary.

We did two flights succesfuly, each lasting about 5 minutes. Tanks were down to just half, so i guess 8-10 minutes flight is possible. I handled the camera while a friend more experienced that me with turbines handled the maiden for me. The bird is all trimmed and I hope to fly it next week myself. Overall, the viper performed great and the flaps were really effective in slowing the bird down.

I will post the maiden flight videos once I get off the camera. The JL Viper is really a great trainer jet. Only took about 4 hours of work to get the turnkey version ready for maiden. I like the fact that the ECU is built into the turbine and there is only one fuel line to connect. Nothing complex! The spark T12 trubine started with no issues. Turbine response time to throttle movements is really good. Am happy with the JL Viper and it looks like this bird and i will be heading to the flying field more often!