RCU Forums - View Single Post - What name has this plane?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 12:42 AM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What name has this plane?

WEDJ,

Thanks for posting some of Your memories from WC 1971. So did You remember any of the winner Bruno Giezendanners flights?
I happen to have a Marabu kit made by Mr Giezendanner himself that I'm trying to get in flying condition. I have some pictures of the kit (actually it was almost like an ARF so the whole plane was built already by Giezendanner) on the other forum here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1695457

Banshee - that is a nice plane. I still remember when I saw one for the first time in 1974 at our nationals. Strange, I still remember that plane was all white and on one landing the nose gear folded back (it had retracts) and the pilot said some swear word loadly like "hell" when that happened (the landing strip was asphalt so the nose probably got some scratches underside). I was 12 years old back then and had just discovered thewonderful world of pattern.I also remember the winning plane at that contest,that was an orange-white painted Midwest Mach 1 (built from the plans, not the kit) flown by Benny Kjellgren - he came from nowhere and at the age of 20 won the Swedish F3A nationals (he was also invited to TOC in US that year and some more years later). He flew big precisemanouvers and fast (he use Webra Speed) and had a brown/yellow radio that must have been a Kraft. As far as I remember none had pipes yet (I think 1975 or 1976 was the year it started to be more common here, like Minivox pipes for Webra Speed engines).

/Bo