RCU Forums - View Single Post - PARKZONE'S NEW ALBATROS D. Va
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 11:06 AM
Flyerguy445

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PARKZONE'S NEW ALBATROS D. Va

Got to take her out for a maiden a few days ago, all went well. Ikept the tail skid on for the scale look, ground handling as we all knowwith a skid stinks, but add 100% rudder throw and throttle management and your golden!Only bad habbit that I was expecting is its tendancy to bleed off airspeed and sink rather fast in turns. To counter the effect I mixed in some rudder and elevator throw, works nicely! I also think a rather bad design flaw is theabsence of flying wires/ rigging. During flight and landings I could see the wings flapping and twisting. So I took on the project of adding some rigging! After I finished the project the result is a much, much more solid and stable wing platform that doesnt flex at all! Looks killer as well! Love adding scale details that function as they should, I used a real photo of an albatross to get the correct placement of the rigging. Cost about $5.00 total and just looks great!!!

Materials Needed:

1/16" drill bit
1/16" cotter pins - 16 EA. from Lowes aerospace!
#18 barrel swivels - 24 EA. Walmart fishing section
Black elastic cord - Hobby Lobby/ any sewing store
Lighter to seal elastic cord ends
Foam safe CA

All in all it took me about two hours to complete, as I'm very anal about perfection! The elastic cord is fantastic, I was going to use 30lb fishing line and decided that wouldnt be good to use as this is only a model, and the wings do need to give a bit on landings. So make sure you do however pull the cord rather taunt but not so much your wings start flex up! She doesnt need any more dihedral! Do this to your albatross! It will thank you!!! Next project is dry-brushing for theweathering look, already did that mean looking 160hp enegine!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42617.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	212.8 KB
ID:	1787245   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88696.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	214.0 KB
ID:	1787246   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24277.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	119.9 KB