RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parrot AR.Drone 2.0
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 01:54 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Parrot AR.Drone 2.0

I haven't tried the height lock as I am experimenting now on distance options. A few companies are now making standard R/C transmitters for the AR.Drone and one even has a Spektrum Bind-n-Fly product.

The target market for the AR.Drone is really the gaming industry, not the R/C hobby. It does, however, offer some interesting technology for only $300. The improved camera resolution combined with a 7" or 10" tablet makes a relatively low cost but highly integrated FPV setup.

I tested my Belkin Range Extender today at a school yard today but the wind kept me from going too high. It was cool to fly around the field using the Absolute Control mode and watch the AR.Drone tilt itself into the wind to stay hovering in one place.

The Belkin Range Extender runs on 12v at about a 200mAh draw so my 3-cell 5AH LiPo pack easily powered it for the hour I was testing. I just set it up in the middle of the large field and fly just about anywhere.

You can see my review of the first AR.Drone model [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=1287]here[/link]. I think the 2.0 model has better control stability.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11239.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1787280   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70895.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	1787281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40023.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	42.6 KB