RCU Forums - View Single Post - Replacing the Air in a Jug
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 08:50 PM
Bobhend
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Replacing the Air in a Jug

I just cleared up all my "engine problems" by testing my fuels against new fuel. Turns out I had three old jugs that were definitley bad. I attribute it all to water. I now plan to keep much closer track of my fuels. I did have one older jug that was still good. I no longer trust the standard DuBro fuel system be fully sealed and I will take it off and put a cap on the jug when not activly flying. I bought several 2 quart jugs from Great Planes to minimize exposure. I gave up on electric pumps and just use a DuBro hand crank pump. I also decided to not pump fuel out of the tank and back into the jug. I will either pump it into a "used" jug, or keep it in the tank.

I have wondered if those box wine containers could stand up to fuel. That would be an ideal system for keeping moisure out. . If fuel were sold in a one gallon [or larger] box with a hose barb outlet you could gravity feed it into the aircraft tank. No pump, no moisture , no problems.

If anyone knows a way to pour fuel from a gallon jug into a smaller jug, let me know. I use a large funnel and drippage is minimal but it would be slick to find a spout for a gallon jug because the stuff loves to follow down the side of the jug.