RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rabbit problems
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 06:01 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: Rabbit problems

LIttlepiton, is 5 good or bad? LOL. Eric is trying to help me but I think a phone call would go a long way... Online support only sucks!

Eric thanks for the offer, I will consider it. I have put 2 hours on the turbine troubleshooting and I havent even flown yet!
It appears there are two main "things":

The RPM reading fluctuates and it is very sensitive to the lipo (3s life) charge status. Whent he lipo nears 60% capacity, the noise gets worse and I get flame outs randomly, and failt to starts, if I keep the lipo charged the noise is filtered out for the most part. The thing that sucks is it detects engine running very fastly, and goes to switover mode too soon, as it is reading hihg RPM due to the noise when lipo at 50% or less. What this means is as the 3s life gets lower, the noise gets worse. I tried another 3s life same issue. I try multiple Rx, same issue.

The other thing, my fault, is how sensitive the main fuel line off the pump to the turbine is. Any type of pressure on it, pressure that does not even appear to squeaze it all, will cause a flame out above 50% thorttle. I believe it is the ECU causing the flameout, it detects increasing pump PW but not corresponding expected RPM and shuts down. I would expect the turbine to keep running just not put out power!

The ony thing that will make me happy is if you take this turbine back and either refund my money or give me a new Rabbit. Is that a possibility?

I am flying a 29 lb 1/8 scale jet with this and a flameout will ruin my day!