RCU Forums - View Single Post - F3A Results - SPOILER
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 08:38 AM
flyncajun

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: F3A Results - SPOILER

Hi Brian

I would say your flying a small bipeand if you have not competed with the 175, you, can`t compare!

Brett may be a little coy sometimes But, he is a convert from electric to glow. He knows the ends and outs of both systems.
I have flown contra setups, I do believe they have merrit! but there is no comparison in tourque( precise ,usable tourque) to a 1.75 nor the flexibility on prop selection, especially at the end of the flight!
I`m not saying the contra is Bad by all means, I`m designing a airplane for one But apples to apples they don`t match up to current glow flexibility. Both Systems have made and continue to make strides to improve and I commend Brenner for his Work, as well as Yamada!

You assume Brett`s a Rookie? LOL A 12`th and 13`th place in the World Champs gives him some creds I think, to understand the human nature of scoring and the ability to select a airplane setup to get there
The ability to pull that last fraction of a score ,is what seperates the top pilots. pulling that last bit of number by either , impression, or technical Skill.

We were Quiet when the Electric guys were having their hayday! pronouncing" the end of glow! and " dogging the "SLIMERS" But now it seems like the new Success of YS to pull back to the top, may have offended guys who made the switch LOL. (Im not aiming this at anyone in particular)

It kinda is a Chevy Verses Ford Argument for armchair pilots ,but not to the Guys burning the Fuel [X(] and in the trenches. as new schedules change so does the systems to make the podium. it`s why you will see 50% bipes in the finals at the worlds in years to come.

Bryan