RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why....just why?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 10:05 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why....just why?

ORIGINAL: countilaw

It seems that you can ask a question and someone gives a seemingly good answer. Then someone has to bash the responder with a different answer. Then someone else comes in with a different answer and bashes both of the other responders. [img][/img]

I think it's mainly when one person supports a hobby supplier and then another supplier's loyalists get involve and start bashing company A because they buy from company B.

I don't know how long you have been in the hobby, but back before the ''internet'', it was a different world. I started when I was 8 and knew nothing about building planes with the exception of the plastic models I had been building. Back then you could buy a Revell model for 98 cents. But back to the story, I saw a guy flying a control line airplane in the school yard. I was hooked. After I built my first Ringmaster, my friends got interested and it became a, (for lack of a better word) gang, later it bacame a ''club''. We were just a group of young boys having fun building and flying planes. Thank goodness for the AMA and it's magazine. That's where we learned most everything about building and flying tied in with the trial and error or experimentation.

Everybody was friends and the competition was friendly. Now days, there is tension within the clubs.

It's a shame when one thinks that only their opinion is the correct and only opinion.

Frank
What I don't understand, is why someone would say this (bolded text above),
and in another thread call folks idiots because they have a different opinion.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...mpage_2/tm.htm (post 31)

Calling folks idiots might explain part of the OP's query.
But, I don't know.
What do you think, countilaw?