RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another First Stryker Build, ESC/Motor Choices
Old 08-04-2012, 01:12 PM
cliffkot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another First Stryker Build, ESC/Motor Choices

Although I have yet to build a stryker, I am the proud owner of 6 virgin bodies still in their plastic bags. I too have searched many hundreds of posts looking for that "perfect" build. I am not a speed demon, and I plane to eventually equip mine for FPV. We may have different goals. Mine is good performance with longer flight times.

I am planning on using an Eflite Series 6 2000kv motor with a 6 by 5.5 prop running on 3S. The other strong contender is an Eflite Series 6 2700KV with a 6 by 4 prop also on 3s. The most outstanding videos I've seen with the highest reached altitudes were with the 2700kv.

As far as performance builds are concerned, I think most guys use the Turnigy 2836 2350 KV outrunner, which appears to actually be a 2800kv motor. Hobby Partz also offers what appears to be an identical motor to the Turnigy which is designed for 70mm EDF use. It is rated at 2600KV. This motor gets rave reviews.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/93a16-09-motor2600kv.html

You will need to choose an appropriate ESC. Gernally one rated at least to your maximum draw and maybe 10 amps above.

Hope this helps.

Cliff