RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Fliteskin ME 109 build thread
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: Another Fliteskin ME 109 build thread

ORIGINAL: glazier808
My 3 year old has been diagnosed the autistic like behavior. Basically he doesn't talk much, he's your basic happy little boy(just turned three), but he acts like he's only two. Doctors are hopefull that it's just a ''delay'' in learning, but my wife and I are being very proactive and have 3 different therapists working with him for an hour, twice a week. This keeps me pretty busy, but I still find time here and there, just not enough to get much done.
Casey,

Best wishes for your little guy. I have a 12 year old who was diagnosed with Autism when he was three as well. Long story short, he had lots of help from various types of therapists (occupational, speach, physical, etc.) plus my wife quit her job so she could stay home with him and basically provide therapy around the clock. It took some sacrifice for sure but our little guy's diagnosis was officially lifted a couple of years ago. He still has some minor issues, mostly social in nature, but in almost every respect he is a pretty typical 12 year old kid these days. I thank God, my wife, and all those therapists every day for that! Keep your chin up and don't hesitate to drop me a note if you have questions that my wife and I may be able to help with.