RCU Forums - View Single Post - I am depressed!
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 07:38 AM
PatrickCurry
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I am depressed!

Have you tried a LiFePo4 receiver pack yet?  A lot of folks are going to those.  I've not tried one yet, but supposedly they're smaller, lighter and last longer without the "problems" associated with LiPo's:   

On the hobby shop, I'm fairly lucky.....  my guy is very helpful and although you have to wait your turn sometimes as he's a "one guy shop" deal, he'll talk with you about something as long as you need and if he doesn't have it, it'll be in Wednesday or Friday.  If your shop has a growing online presence, it may just be that they want to go totally online and don't really care about their walk in customers.  You'd think they would at least try to transition you to their online outlet to retain you as a customer.... go figure.  I'm with Jester, I think I'd call or email the owner and let him know what you experienced, not to try to get the other guy in trouble, but just to let the owner know of your experience because the other guy obviously needs some training.  Depending on what kind of reception you got there, I might do all my shopping online from then on other than "emergency supplies" you might need from them or fuel and the such.....  Good luck with it!

Pat