RCU Forums - View Single Post - What RC-related plans do you have this weekend?
Old 08-11-2012, 11:11 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: What RC-related plans do you have this weekend?

Took my Ofna DM-1 and LST2 #2 out yesterday, cuz both had had minor issues last time out(both were binding, and it turned out it was the brake linkages.. I HATE linkages..), so I just wanted to see if they were running now after a few minor tweeks.. Ran two tanks through each, and both ran great. The LST2 started binding again though, so I loosened the linkage thing on the gas servo, and it was much better - though the brakes were now weaker.. The Big Red was screaming - wheelying the truck like a champ. That engine is like three years old by now..(fairly seldom used though.. Maybe 5-8 gallons - not sure... Could be ten for all I know..) The LST2 ran so well in fact that I feel like busting the ramp out and getting some air. Have both LST2's charged and ready to go - but only a little over half a liter of fuel. Weather is great, so there are actually too many options.. Might just go for a long walk in wine country near the inlaws'..(but will have one LST2 in the car just in case I see a "spot"...)

One very, VERY lame thing about Germany is, almost everywhere has a "quiet period" from 1-3 (sometimes 12-2), which is really ****ty for running nitro. Cuts the day in half - pretty much doesn't make sense to run before 2.. (No, not gonna's start electric.. Nitro still rules. )