RCU Forums - View Single Post - Central NEW YORK boaters
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 03:23 PM
parshallboatworks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Idusted off the vintage RCM PLANS scratch built "ski vee" alright...lol.. you forgot to mention the 3 or 4 bouys i dusted off too...thanks for the help you with the tip to richen and craigs hints about raising the engine and the trim tabs that hang a bit below the hull... should be able to get up next time. was fun bouncing off bouys!!! imagine how many i can hit with a fast boat.. lol. plus i am looking at futabas 3pm-x at tower.. dans have any in stock?? also my new jae .21 kit came today!!!!! yaaaah!! thanks zippkits looks like an all nighter is at hand, need to speed up dry times so i can run er..
ORIGINAL: engineman351

We got to see the new guys in action last night!! Charlie's big Aeromarine mono ran really well. It was pretty well 'aired out' for a large hull!! Rick dusted off (literally!!) a 45 Outboard mono. After a few needle adjustments (mucho richer!!) it was making laps around the buoys. Great looking hull. My son Tom wheeled our Thunderboat and Gas Sport Hydro's for a few tankfuls (Tom only collected one buoy. That's a low count for him!!). He did a great job driving the Gas Sport Hydro and had it cook'in. He did have one spin trying to keep it from blowing off down the back straight. The '360' rivaled Neils Rigger spin a few weeks ago!! We threw in the Cobra2 with OS power for a few runs too. It just seems a lot slower that the VS1 and TS3 efforts earlier. I noticed that it is spraying quite a bit of water off the right sponson from mid ship back. That might be an indication that the prop torque is rolling the hull bit to the right. We were using an X437/3. I think we need a weekend day to use the setup board and test a series of props to see if we can free it up. Roger