RCU Forums - View Single Post - Joysway Super Mono X
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 04:58 AM
MassiveOverkill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Joysway Super Mono X

ORIGINAL: Wavekatcher

I finally got my SMX to a lake and was able to get 3 more fantastic runs. This is a great little boat. Flipped her 2 times on her hatch, no problem, just a blip of throttle, she self rights, and I was off again. Still running all original stock. 1800mah batteries 3S.

I only run for 4 minutes (WOT) to keep down the heat. Batteries come in around 3.82 per cell. The motor comes in hot, but not overly hot. Love this lil bugger. I oil the motor bearings at the end of the day.

Now to build my new shaft

Hey MassiveO, Did you get your Icon A5 yet?
Hey Wave, glad you're having a blast with your SMX without any issues. The motor they used can barely cope with the stock weight of this boat. The extra 100 grams my ESC and battery addreally push it over the edge. I'm currently retrofitting a new motor mount so a standard motor can be installed, but it's going to take me awhile to remove the existing mountng structure. I've also started on a new straight shaft using the original diameters of the stock shaft.

I plan on getting the Offshore Warrior Mk2 or Bullet. Joysway is ramping up for major distribution in the US and I'm anxiously waiting.

I got my Icon A5, but unfortunately it's victim to poor Chineese quality. I've already had to do some fixes\repairs out of the box. I tried to fly her off the water, but my inexperience with fixed wing is too much, so I'll try some land takeoffs first to get the hang of it, get her trimmed and determine if I have to add dual rates to my TX.

Here are some pics:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=144