RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF FW190 GIANT ARF
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 01:26 PM
wulf190
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TF FW190 GIANT ARF

I can help some Charles. I combed over it as much as I could. It has a DLE 55 for power, and flight is VERY impressive. I've never bought an ARF, but this one is a winner. Construction looks good as does scale outline. The Robart gear have the cylinder placed behind the axle pivot, so this might make dropping in Sierras more complicated...but the Robart gear looked good. It flew a little "lighter" than the Holman, but did everything that the Holman version does well, just as good....awesome cornering, good ground handling, stable landing approach, etc.. I think he said the weight was around 23lbs, so with the DLE it's a lively performer. An ARC might be forthcoming if enough people email TF for it...so if you want one in ARC, ask and maybe down the road it will happen. The finish on the ARF is ok if you're alright with covering and stuff, but personally I would strip it. If it were glassed and detailed after purchase it could look fantastic. The cowl is panel lined, but not the plane. You will be extremely pleased with it. I would have no regrets buying one.