RCU Forums - View Single Post - PA Addiction X??
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Steve
My Feedback: (54)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: PA Addiction X??

Next I got the rudder servo installed in the motor box. Same method as before. Installing the pull-pull cables can be a little tricky. This is how I did it. First, get the carbon rudder servo arm installed on the servo, along with the pull-pull hardware. I only ran about 1/4 inch of the long metal eye posts into the clamps and slightly tightened them. The eyelets have to be opened up slightly so you can slide the pull-pull cable onto them. There is a crimped end of the pull-pull cable and a non crimped end. I cut the slots in the back of the fuselage for the cable exits and installed the eyelets onto the rudder horn. Again, these need to be opened slightly so you can slide the pull-pull cable on. I also used a needle file to slightly enlarge the holes in the rudder horn. Next I dropped the crimped end of the cables in from the rear, or exit slots first, and hooked the crimped ends up to the servo eyelets. Making sure the rudder is taped in the neutral position, and the servo is also in the neutral position, I hooked the non-crimped cable ends to the rudder eyelets. Pulling the extra cable through the crimp I tightened up one side and crimped it. Then the other side. Its a lot easier to tighten and crimp back at the rudder. Once I got the cables installed and crimped, I loosened the servo eyelets and made sure there was just a little tension on the cables before fully tightening them in the clamps. Worked great this way. make sure to follow the instructions on the clamps that need to be installed onto the carbon rudder servo arm.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69270.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	1793953