RCU Forums - View Single Post - What happens if arf and kit building prices meet?
Old 08-28-2012, 11:00 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 263 Likes on 231 Posts
Default RE: What happens if arf and kit building prices meet?

ORIGINAL: Thomas B

ORIGINAL: FlyerInOKC

Just to tweek the ARF/RTF fliers out there: Show me a flying model of a cool airplane that only a hand full were ever built and I'll show you an airplane that is NOT an ARF/RTF! (Gee Bees and assorted pylon racers excluded)

Let's see....Maxford Brandenburg WWI floatplane, the Turbo Raven, Kyosho Macchi M.33, Red Square Models Po-15, Hobby King Avro Arrow jet, Kyosho Ta-152H, Hacker models Osprey 1 seaplane, Icon A-5 seaplane (only two real ones so far... The ''Coota'' foam seaplane version of the rare Coot A full scale seaplane, The French Dalotel (only two real ones built), the Nitroplanes Rutan Defiant, the Nitroplanes Honda Jet, the Flyboys Models/BP Hobbies giant scale BV-141 ayssemtrical recce aircraft, the vintage foam Cox RF-5 Sportavia (VERY few real ones built) come immediately to mind...would you like me to go on?

Real Ulimate biplanes are pretty rare and there are dozens of ARF versions of it.

What you say is sort of generally true, but there are dozens of exceptions to that rule...making it not that great of a rule...
And may they continue to make a liar out of me on a regular basis!!!!