RCU Forums - View Single Post - Everything you want to know about electric flight
Old 09-01-2012, 06:55 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ELECTRIC FLIGHT

Ray,

This thread is a book.I presumed you had read it before coming to ask these questions. The book is about understanding electric power systems. Perhaps, before you go any further you should read the book to understand what you are working with.

Here are the challenges.

I have no idea what motor that is. If it were a hacker it would say hacker, like this one:
http://www.aero-model.com/Hacker-Brushless-A150-10.aspx

I don't even know if it can or should run on 44 volts I don't know the kV rating or the max amps,so I have no basis of a recommendation other than to say it should be something smaller than what you have now in order to not overload your ESC.I have no idea what the motor can take but I know your ESC can't take over 200 amps.

You mention, "the recommended size Xoar 27 X 12 wood prop spun in the proper direction and all seemed well," . Who recommended this prop? What was the recommendation based upon? Or are you saying that would be the recommended prop for a Hacker motor, if this were a Hacker?

The motor you have may have no relationship to a Hacker motor and have nothing in common with the Hacker. If the kV rating is different than NONE of the Hacker specs will apply.

Sorry, I wish I could be more helpful. Perhaps you should start a discussion in the giant scale section. Someone there might recognize the motor.