RCU Forums - View Single Post - TOWER HOBBIES SUCKS
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 04:47 PM
103/17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TOWER HOBBIES SUCKS

Had been buying from Tower since 1988. stopped doing business with them 4 years ago for the same reasons. Warranty is great once you get it solved and the parts sent. problem with warranty is I dont want the issues to begin with and tower has a consistent issue right now with these types of problems. I deal with horizon a lot lately and not only are the products of higher quality, ( hangar 9 vs great planes ) but I have never in the last 5 years had an incorrect or damaged shipment from Horizon. Thats a big deal for me. When Great planes used "chinakote" on their models a few years back and it all fell off, you would call and the customer service folks would swear it was monokote. finally I got in touch with an engineer on a chat board and he confirmed Great Planes had cheaped out and was being less then truthfull.........get me once shame on you, get me twice......I dont think so. It was the last straw for me. Tower lost a really good reliable customer, sounds to me like the culture hasnt changed. too bad.....