RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vortex SS no second gear
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 09:06 AM
marcus742

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortex SS no second gear

To everyone who has helped me through my problems Thank you very much.

I have discovered why my truck has lost second gear. Seem i have worn out the 2nd gear spur gear, I am very puzzled as to why this happened. The truck has been run maybe 15 times since i took it out of the box almost a month ago. I have ordered new trans gears for it and am waiting on their arrival to repair.

Can some one shed some light on what adjustments i need to make to prevent this in the future or is this a common for normal wear and tear. The gears are plastic aridding on metal gears off the engine so i winder if this is to be expected. I have been doing a lot of WOT runs and throttle bashing to get theengine tuned. (Forgive me if i let my Noobness shine through ),

should i be checking the gear meshing? First gear appears to be ok. Now just to refresh the larger gear i assume to be 47T gear looks fine in my truck, however the smaller 42T gear is worn to almost slick. Also no adjustments have been made to shift timing or engine mesh. not to say i have some pretty amazing crash flips in my short time learning to control this bulllet on wheels.

What am i doing wrong.

Thanks again