RCU Forums - View Single Post - NitroPlanes.com Crappy products and service to match
Old 09-11-2012, 04:39 PM
catboater
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NitroPlanes.com Crappy products and service to match

Awhile back I bought a nitroplanes.com version of a Sig Kadet Senior arf. It was less than half what the Sig version cost so I gave it a shot. It was actually a nice looking airplane and flew really well for about 20 flights until the wing folded.
When I assembled it I decided to glue the wings together because the wing joiner they provided seemed pretty lame. Using Gorilla glue I got a good strong bond on the joiner and wing panels.
Last week I had a student on the buddy box and with no warning the wing just folded in half at about 200 feet high. The fuse went ballistic straight down and everything in the fuse was completely destroyed including the engine.
I contacted nitroplanes to tell them about it and sent detailed pictures of the wing failure. The response was " Since the order is a year old there's nothing we can do "
To be truthful, that is what I expected to hear because I've read many threads here about them. I'm posting this to confirm what so many already know - stay away from nitromodels.com!