RCU Forums - View Single Post - Experience of JR DMSS
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 07:40 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Experience of JR DMSS

Hello gentlemen,

I am glad to see this topic brought back alive from 2010.

I am one that would like to understand better what is going on with the DMS systems.

I happen to be one of the rare fellows who likes to understand how things work (function).
Most people are satisfied as long as it works for their purpose. They do not feel any need to know any more. When I tried to find information I found it next to impossible.

I imagine that has not chnaged as developers of systems are very secretive as they are competing in the market.

Frequency hopping, as I imagine it, is a constant change in emitted frequency in time.
I do not know at what rate the changes are taking place or if there is a pattern in the switching of frequency.
I do not know how the receiver gets to know where in the band to listen to for the next frequency shift.
Perhaps the receivers are just wide frequency responding (poor selectivity).

I also do not understand "Dual Modulation". Does it mean that at one moment a specific modulation type is used and then it is switched to a different type of modulation ? What types are used? I do not know.

It all has to end up in the proper signals that servos need at their signal line input and it appears that all servos need the same signal which is a variable time DC pulse. The rate of these pulses can vary but we are still limited to the ability of any servo to produce the resolution of the control surfaces.

We cannot get better resolution than the servos are capable of resolving no matter what the feeding rate to them is. Advertising higher resolution like 2048 does not change the ability of the servos to deliver. That is just a marketing gimmick as far as I understand.

Any comments posted would be nice to read.

Zor