RCU Forums - View Single Post - bad rc flying fields
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 05:33 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: bad rc flying fields

ORIGINAL: roger8568

I am new to killeen texas and wanted to find a new club. I started to fly at the rc flying site at stillhouse lake near killeen Tx. My first impression was that this was a good old boy club. And not to my surprise it was. At first i was asked the usual questions i.e. do i have an AMA card. My fears were answered just after 3 weekends at this field. On my 3rd visit two club members approached me demanding my AMA card to be put in the field frequency control area this i had no issue with. What i did have an issue with was that they asked while i was assembling my aircraft. This could have caused me to miss something important. Luckily i always double check. Then when i did get my card on the freq box i set it in the slot under my radio#. In a 2.4 ghz control area. Any moron would figure if the only AMA card that was up on the board and a pin missing would most likely be the radio it belong to. And if i am not mistaking i beleave there is....... my name on the card......... they could have asked. But nope while i was flying. One of the bright morons decided to grab my card walk up behind me while i was coming in for a landing and stand behind me. Well he distracted me and i almost crashed my airplane. Luckily i am a better flyer then he is bright. Well more to follow. But i need to go for now

Gotta be level with ya here , , , It looks like your lookin for reason to be angry more that these guys are !

At any field where the whole card in slot and frequency pin thing is in use , normal convention is that most guys put their card up and get their pin BEFORE beginning to set up aircraft ! ..... Here is your for instance ;

You havn't yet gone to the board and begin "setting up" your plane . During this "set up" , you decide your gonna check your aileron servos . You turn on your system and promptly crash the plane of the guy who has already been to the board , got the pin , and is now properly flying his plane on the same frequency that you just switched on to !!!! Whose fault ? , , Well , certainly NOT the guy who got the pin BEFORE his TX went on , right ?

Your whole "They walked up and disturbed my preflight zen ritual" drivel makes me happy that you fly far away from where I do ....... [:@]